I recognize that having grown as technology advanced has been an advantage. This way we have been able to have time to understand its function and its impact, even if it was more or less conscious.
However, the new generations were already born with everything in place: kitchen robots, autonomous vacuum cleaners, huge screen mobiles, thin laptops, voice assistants, social networks, smart televisions … for this reason, services such as Qustodio, have become more and more important when accompanying children in their relationship with technology.
What is Qustodio Premium
Qustodio Premium is a service from which Movistar offers a solution that helps parents to monitor and protect their children’s online activity and thus be able to educate them on healthy digital habits.
Why is it important to use Qustodio?
These types of services are increasingly used to accompany children and adolescents on the path of digitization. In fact, according to data from the Children’s Diary Study (Ofcom – Digital Day 2016), 44% of children between 5 and 15 years old have their own tablet with Internet access. In addition, 32% of children between 8 and 11 years old have their own mobile. The digital life of young people starts earlier and earlier.
In fact, they spend more and more time online, increasing that time as they grow: from 5 to 7 years, they spend an average of 4 hours and 30 minutes with access to electronic devices. When they grow up, from 8 to 12, this time increases until they spend an average of 6 hours connected. From 13 to 19, the average time increases to 9h on average.
Taking into account that each time they connect to the Internet before and that as they grow, the connection time increases considerably, it is of vital importance to provide children with correct digital education.
Being able to help them create healthy routines with regard to the time of exposure to the devices or that the content they see is of quality, not harmful and appropriate to their age, is very important so that they have tools that make their experience on the Internet the best possible.
In addition, we must not forget that on the Internet we find situations such as cyberbullying, sexting, etc. that makes digital education key in being able to face conflicts, know how to report and overcome this type of crime together with their parents.
The differential value of Qustodio Premium is that it shows you everything that is happening in the online world of your children, at the moment, allowing you to manage it.
If you know what they are doing and how they operate in this digital ecosystem, it is easy to talk to them, advise them and help them. For example, a typical conversation would be to accuse the child of spending too much time with the mobile. However, if instead of that conversation, you show them the number of hours you spend on the Internet per day, the tone would be totally different. Qustodio Premium helps you understand, manage and digitally monitor your family.
- You can customize the monitoring of each device depending on who uses it.
- It is a multiplatform service, available for Windows, Mac, Android, iOs, Kindle and Chromebook.
- It allows you to establish how long they can enjoy the Internet each day and even what games, applications, websites they can access.
- You can monitor YouTube activity (checking the history of searches, reproductions) or status updates, photos and friends both on Facebook and on other social networks.
- A family locator so you can view your children on a map to know where they are at any time. Even in an emergency, they can use (available only on Android devices) an “SOS button” which will send an emergency message with the specific location.
- In addition to the above, it also offers a history of the messages and SMS they send, as well as keeping track of who your children talk to (on Android devices)